Installing LinuxPPC 2000 on an MCP750

Lonnie L VanZandt lonnie at timesys.com
Wed Dec 20 09:24:54 EST 2000

Ok, tired of having to reinstall Debian potato by ftp over a slow link, I
fell for the marketing claims at Linuxppc.com about the wonderful CD that
would boot and install on Motorola embedded PPC boards.

Unfortunately, it appears that only a Mac machine can boot the CD directly.
(Why would anyone buy such a mass produced, ugly thing anyway when one can
have such a big hunking industrial looking chassis? I hate these Mac-centric
guys, they're as bad as their Wintel-loving cousins.)

Where do I get LinuxPPC installer images for a _real_ machine like my MCP750
board? The "PReP" images at ftp.linuxppc.org looked promising, but the
zImage hangs immediately after residual data loading...

Lonnie.