MVME 5100

Torsten Rissel torsten.rissel at t-online.de
Thu Dec 14 08:39:59 EST 2000

Hi Everybody !

I am trying to run Linux on an MVME5100 board. I am using PReP-style booting and
got the boot process and some of the kernel initialization running. But I am missing any
knowledge of other PowerPC boards or machines, so that it is relativly hard to find out
what exactly to change. So I have a question: The MVME5100 is missing all ISA stuff.
Is the IRQ mapping (first 16 for the 8259 and the other 16 for the MPIC) still valid ?

Also I run in a problem: the indirect mechanism for generating PCI config cycles is set
up correctly, but the board seems to hang when reading from the CONFIG_DATA address !!!???

I would more then appreciate any hints.

Torsten