Connecting to powerpc target via wiggler.

Subodh Nijsure SNijsure at SkyStream.com
Wed Dec 13 02:42:54 EST 2000

> > Has anybody been successful in connecting to the powerpc board
> > using the BDM wiggler from MACRAIGOR system?
>
> AFAIK Macraigor sells some MS-Windows code that makes the wiggler work
> with the MS-Windows versions of GDB. I searched the web some
> months ago if
> someome succeeded using powerpc board, wiggler, GDB and linux
> but it seems
> there is no (free) solution available.
>
> Ciao - Tobias

Actually I got it working.

Here is my setup.

On my linux machine installed vmware (http://www.vmware.com )
and NT machine, installed the wiggler software.
Also under NT installed rproxy.
It can be downloaded from link http://www.std.com/qqi/labslave/rproxy.html
Make sure to install rproxy in same directory as wigglers.dll

Now you can start rproxy under NT with command line
rproxy --port=5555 ppcdbm wigglers.dll

Now under linux connect to this rproxy & thus the wiggler from gdb
using command

	target remote IPAddress:5555

So you can do all of this on one machine, all you need is vmware and rproxy
software.

Hope this helps.

/Subodh Nijsure
SkyStream Networks