2.5 or 2.4 kernel profiling

Brian Ford ford at vss.fsi.com
Sat Dec 9 05:24:44 EST 2000

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, diekema_jon wrote:

> > I am trying to do some kernel profiling on my EST8260 to determine the
> > bottle neck in TCP and UDP thruput, but I can't seem to get any profile
> > information.

I figured it out.  It was a "corrupt" System.map file.  My Solaris cross
environment does not have all the extensions that Linux's Makefiles
expect.  grep was the culpret this time.

I am just a rebel that wants to create the cross environment myself
instead of using Monta Vista's.  Every so often I find another problem.

> What version of Linux are you using?  I have tried the LTT, Linux
> Trace Toolbox under 2.4.0-test11.  LTT tracks a large number of
> events, so it may give you a better handle as to what is happening
> when.

Thanks.  I have it, but I haven't figured it all out yet.

--
Brian Ford
Software Engineer