trouble with FEC on MPC860T - FEC_INTERRUPT not going off?

Dan Hopper eusdbho at rtp.ericsson.se
Sun Dec 3 11:44:40 EST 2000

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> remarked:
> in message <20001201223622.A28837 at slug.rtp.ericsson.se> you wrote:
> >
> > FEC, and am now working on the kernel.  At the moment, I'm using the
> > 2.4-2000-11-11 kernel from ftp.denx.de as a baseline, since it
>
> This version of the kernel is derived from 2.4.0-test5 from July, 26.

OK.  Is there a newer one that's also friendly to 860Ts?  Some
others appeared somewhat different configuration-wise.  What base do
you use?

> I have run into the same problem, and my suggestion  is  to  try  the
> version  of fec.c I'll attach below (I've sent this to Dan Malek some
> days ago, but haven't heard anything since).

I did, and it seems to work great.  It negotiated a 100Mbps
half-duplex after detecting the PHYs, and took off from there with
NFS.  I did need to hook up the interrupt line from the 972, as you
indicated.

Next week, I guess I'll be doing a CVS merge from your latest
ppcboot tree and see if I can get that FEC code to play.

Thanks for your help!
Dan