Linux on Motorola Sandpoint/PPMC7400

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Wed Aug 30 03:43:58 EST 2000

Hi, Gabriel!

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 11:01:07PM +0200, you wrote the following:

> > > You can't start an ELF image from jumping at it sload address. But I know
> > > only PPCBUG and OF, not your firmware.
> >
> > But zsrec (the thing that creates the srecords from the binary file)
> > strips the 64k ELF header of the kernel image, so it should be fine?
> > Or shouldn't it? Or did I misunderstand you?
>
> Maybe. Ok, then what type of PCI bridge do you have ?

It uses a Winbond chip for PCI/ISA bridge. (I can find the exact model
if it'd help.)

> Do you know the memory and I/O map as seen from the processor ?

Yes, it's in the brochure.. If I send it to you would it help?

> Is it truly ooking like standard PreP ?

How would I know? Frankly, I'm a newbie in this business...

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh at hectic.net, alexsh at linux.org.il   +-----------------------

/real/ kernel hackers
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/vmlinuz
and influence the Universal Randomosity Field.
	-- Gaal Yahas