IP over a PCI-bus

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Wed Aug 23 02:58:25 EST 2000

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:40:51PM +0200, Michael Lundkvist wrote:

> I thinking about running Linux on a system consisting of a MVME-2300
> or MVME-2400 VME-carrierboard together with a PMC 860 module.
>
> The PMC doesn't have it's own ethernet interface and I would like to
> be able to communicate with the carrier board over the PCI bus using
> IP.
>
> Has anyone done any work on a network driver for a system like that?

MontaVista's Hard Hat Net is a PCI shared memory "Ethernet" driver.  It
relies on having a 21554 bridge to detect nodes and gather information
about them.  It is modular enough that you can add a different detection
method for your 860 PMC's PCI bridge.

Available at ftp://ftp.mvista.com/pub/hhnet/

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.
mporter at mvista.com