Journeyman configure/build options for gcc & glibc?

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Tue Aug 15 17:37:50 EST 2000

I thought I had the whole soft-float thing on 8xx worked out long ago, until I
upgraded our root filesystem to the one from MontaVista's Journeyman kit, and
found that my glibc-2.1.3.so (which my binaries work when linked against)
doesn't work in place of the Journeyman glibc-2.1.2.so.  It's the usual
symptom: A simple floating-point printf gives the wrong answer.

So, my question: what configure options were used to build the gcc-2.95.2 &
glibc-2.1.2 in Journeyman?  In particular:

- Did the gcc configure include "-with-cpu=860" (or one of the other cpus's
  to make -msoft-float the default).

- Has the gcc specs file been hacked to pass -D_SOFT_FLOAT in the absence of
  -mhard-float (note that -mcpu=860 won't do this by default in gcc-2.95.2)

- Was CFLAGS set to include -msoft-float before building glibc?

- Any other suggestions :-(

Thanks!
Graham
--