Compiling apache for Linux PPC

Frank Rowand frank_rowand at mvista.com
Sat Aug 5 13:32:26 EST 2000

Kwansuk Kim wrote:

> I'm trying to implement embedded linux router.
>
> So I tried to cross-compile apache on x86 linux machine.
>
> I changed the compiler name from 'gcc' to 'powerpc-linux-gcc'
>
> But when I ran make there was an error. Of course compile with gcc, it works well.
>
> Is there any options? It seems there is no use of configure option '--tartget=powerpc-linux'

A few hints...

./configure --prefix=YOUR_INSTALL_PATH

make

cd src/main

copy gen_test_char and gen_uri_delims to your target (PowerPC) system

run gen_test_char and gen_uri_delims on your target system

copy the output of gen_test_char to test_char.h on your host system

copy the output of gen_uri_delims to uri_delims.h on your host system

cd -

make

*** I may not have the syntax exactly right on the next command, but it
gives you the idea:

find -name "*\.a" -exec \
  /opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/8xx/bin/powerpc-linux-ranlib {} \;

make

make install

-Frank
--