Installing PCMCIA hard disk on DVK MPC823

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Thu Aug 3 05:23:16 EST 2000

Phuc Le wrote:

> My name's Phuc Le. I am new on this field.

You are doing better than most people that claim to be experts.....

> message were displayed as below:
>
> ... ide_cs.o: unresolved symbol 'ide_register'
> ... ide_cs.o: unresolved symbol 'ide_unregister'

There have been lots of changes here recently, hopefully I can get
one of the MontaVista folks to explain the details.......

You need to at least configure CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE and
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK (whatever the proper questions are to set
these).  You have to be careful not to configure _too_ much, as
the 8xx port is a little sensitive to this (probing places where
it shouldn't).

	-- Dan