Problems with serial ports

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Fri Apr 28 23:00:58 EST 2000

Kim Jørgensen wrote:

> Is the new driver available?

No. It's kind of low on the list of other problems to solve at
the moment.

> I tried to use scc2 as console under startup and smc1 as console by the
> kernel. (I just changed serial_init to serial_scc_init in head.S)

That's only (or less than :-) half of the change.  That is only used
by the Linux bootstrap when requesting command line information and
providing loading status.

> This works ok, I get the startup messages on scc2 and the kernel messages
> and bash prompt on smc1.

That's because I don't yet have the kernel driver part done yet.

	-- Dan