Linux 2.3.99-pre5 fail on PowerPC 823, and work on PowerPC 74 0

Patrick Lerda Lerda at microprocess.com
Wed Apr 26 18:12:56 EST 2000

I'm new to Linux PPC823, the last version I can get running properly on my
board
is linux 2.3.18 modified for PPC860. I don't know the last standard 2.3
linux
working properly on this architecture. Starting with a recent and functional
version
is probably the easy way to find the bugs. I can't also get the BDM working
with
linux, linux crash randomly when I use it. I don't see a simple method to
debug linux, other than adding kgdb support.
If you have an idea of what kind of bug is present here, I can probably do
something and have an idea to start.

Patrick LERDA