memory map

Steve Tarr tarr at lucent.com
Mon Apr 24 08:16:22 EST 2000

Folks ---

This IMMR  for the MPC8260 is VERY  tricky, especially with respect to the
Hardware  Configuration Word.
Note that the ADS comes with the HWCW in flash setting the IMMR to
0x0f00_0000. However
the documentation for the ADS  memory map says it should be 0x0470_0000.
Now one of the really screwy parts of this
is that if you hose up your flash, such that the HWCW is scrogged, you can't
get at the processor, even
with the JTAG. You have to go with the default config by tying the RSTCONF to
Vcc.
Actually the PILOT boards have documentation on how to wire one of the
SoftwareSwtiches to
connect RSTCONF to Vcc. Just a warning from one poor soul who had to deal with
it.

Cheers --
tarr