CONFIG_ALL_PPC

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Mon Apr 24 04:50:56 EST 2000

Brad Parker wrote:

> Is CONFIG_ALL_PPC really "all ppc" or is it really "all macintosh platforms"?

It is really used to build a kernel that you want to boot on "all
PPC platforms."  I don't build any of the embedded systems with this,
althought I suppose (if you _really_ wanted this :-) you could get
the same binary to boot on the 8xx as the G4....It's not on my list
of things to do.

> I can put a #ifndef CONFIG_ALL_PPC around the feature_init call but I
> thought I'd ask the larger question... (and risk a tomato ;_)

Something is messed up.  I am currently editing -pre6, and there isn't
a call to feature_init from setup_arch like there used to be......
In fact, I can't find a call to it at all right now.  I am in the middle
of a ton of 8260 edits, so maybe it changed over the past day or so.

If you must, make the #ifdef in the file match the Makefile.....

	-- Dan