QSPAN PCI wierdness

Steve Rossi srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Fri Apr 21 09:41:57 EST 2000

This is way before the kernel has even booted so MMU is still
off. There was an eieio after the config data register read.
I tried adding a sync between the config address register write
and the config data register read - but it didn't help. I also
tried replacing the eieio after the data reg read with sync - still
no go.

As a little test I added some code to the end of qspan_init that looks
like so:

        qptr[320] = 0x00000000; /* device 0 */
        puts("At PCI Device ID 0: ");
        puthex(qptr[321]);
        puts("\n");

This prints out the expected Vendor ID and Device ID.

Its when pci_scanner() calls qs_pci_read_config_dword()
that it reads 0. Can someone verified that pci_scanner() and
the qs_pci_* functions in mbxboot/pci.c and
mbxboot/qspan_pci.c work?

Thanks,
Steve

Steven K. Rossi                     srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Staff Engineer
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Motorola Labs