Bizarre initrd problem on CLLF860T

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Mon Apr 17 23:12:00 EST 2000

Graham Stoney wrote:

> Today though, I can't for the life of me work out why the initrd stuff isn't
> working.

So, what's different in your configuration?  Is this the same kernel
and ramdisk?  Like I requested in a previous message, the the sources
from MontaVista.  They are the most recent.

> Sending BOOTP requests..... OK
> IP-Config: Got BOOTP answer from 10.2.2.90, my address is 10.2.0.21
> IP-Config: Guessing netmask 255.0.0.0
> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0

IP-Config with Ramdisk is a pretty weird configuration.  At the
'Linux/PPC Load:' enter 'root=/dev/ram ip=off'.

	-- Dan