PCMCIA support for 860

Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch
Mon Apr 3 17:55:29 EST 2000

Hi

In the february mailing list I found the PCMCIA patch from Magnus Damm. It looks
very interesting and useful.

Extract from Mail http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-embedded/200002/msg00093.html:

> 1. First of all you need to ioremap 64KByte at _IO_BASE.
>    This is for the emulated ISA-bus.
>    VIRT must be PHYS and I don't know how to do that
>    from a module.

> 2. All bus operations that are 16 bit or more should be
>    big endian - no swapping. This is the same as APUS in io.h.
>    We need to figure out how this should co-exist with
>    the swapped ISA.

Did someone already integrate those enhancements into the Kernel. If yes, do you mind
sending the affected files??

Cheers, Ruedi Hofer