Compiling 2.3.18

Claude Robitaille crobitaille at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 22 12:10:44 EST 1999

I am not sure I understand your question, but I'll try my
best to answer it.

I want to build a minimal kernel for a target that only has
an MPC860 with an SMC based console and a 10BaseT Enet,
pretty much like the fads.

I do not know which board type is the closest but I know that
the MBX is way too complex (the resulting kernel image will
certainly be bigger than necessary). Originaly, anyway, I was
not even able to make dep with the mbx target (which I think is
your preferred target), probably this is due to the minimalist
configuration (as lean as possible) I am using.

So, I am building using the 2.3.18 sources I found in the
embedded linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu using a stock pmac (7300) with
2.2.10

Can you send me a known working .config file, I've overwritten
the one that came with the tar file.

Claude