Accessing the vger.rutgers.edu tree from behind a firewall?

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Mon Sep 13 12:52:55 EST 1999

Ok, I'm stumped.

I'd like to get read access to the Linux kernel source tree on
vger.rutgers.edu, so I can keep up with the latest PowerPC changes for some
embedded work I'm doing with the MPC855/860T. Ultimately, I hope to be able to
contribute, so I may need write access too, but that's a little down the track.

My problem is that I'm behind a firewall, so I can't just use cvs pserver
directly. I could use an ssh tunnel through our firewall if vger.rutgers.edu
or cvs.on.openprojects.net supported it, but I haven't been able to get that
to work either. I haven't used anonymous cvs before, so perhaps I'm missing
something very, very obvious.

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to get access to the cvs repository
from behind a firewall?

Thanks,
Graham