Still not booting

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Tue Oct 26 08:43:04 EST 1999

Claude Robitaille wrote:

> ..... Right now, I find that the first
> access to the memory to clear it ends up in hanging the system. The
> address is 3004ddcc which obviously seems to be a logical or virtual
> address.

What are you using for the addresses of the IMMR, control registers
and such?  You can't use the default values that most debuggers
stuff into a FADS board, these have to all be moved into the
kernel virtual address space, which map 1:1 to their
corresponding physical address, and requires properly programming
the memory controller and changing the debugger scripts.

	-- Dan