bootloader & head.S weirdness & restructuring

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Tue Nov 23 17:37:04 EST 1999

Cort Dougan wrote:

> Yes, I do walk along that path quite often :)

> } head.S. (Try to walk along the 'path' of the 8xx implementation).

OK, I am a little clueless at this hour.  As it appears you are
making fun of the way I wrote that code, perhaps you should
provide a suggestion.  I have more, the 82xx looks just like
that :-)......I am off to look at the m68k tree......

> } I thought that Dan Mallek is working on the 82xx port.

Yes, I am.  Although it is not really 82xx.  The 8240 is a 603
with a diluted MPC106 without OF.  When attached to the Sandpoint,
it looks somewhat like the Gemini port.  The 8260 is a 603 with
a hot rod CPM, so it looks more like the current 8xx port.
Both of these use the "board information" structure in place of
the OF residual like I did on the 8xx.

	-- Dan