products based on embedded linuxppc

Kumar Gala kumar at chaos.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:36:55 EST 1999

I was wondering if anyone had plans to actually produce products based
around the PowerPC arch. and linux?  I know that TiVo exists but other
then that.  I have seen alot of discussion about the 8xx Motorola parts
and ports to different reference platforms they produce.  However, I have
not actually heard about many linux/*bsd embedded products that exist.  I
mean true embedded products (not sudo - computer embedded, ie cobalt,
etc.).  I understand if you can not give exact details for business reason
and such, but I was hoping to get just a general feel for what if anything
is going on out there in this market space?

thanks

(please reply to me directly - I do not subscribe to the list on this
email account)

ignorance is bliss.