gdbserver

Jim Lewis jlewis at mvista.com
Wed Dec 22 03:05:14 EST 1999

kd at flaga.is wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get gdbserver to run on my mpc823 board. (The precompiled
> gdbserver is not working for me, it does not seem to get argc and argv
> correctly into main() and always terminates with "usage info".
>
> Using the vanilla gdb-4.18 is of no use, since it has not support for ppc.
> Using the gdbserver source that Dan posted here a few weeks back results in
> the
> the following undefined symbols,
> PTRACE_POKEUSR

I ran into build problems as well. Apparently, ptrace.h must have changed. The
macros are now called
PTRACE_POKEUSER
PTRACE_PEEKUSER

In my build, KERNEL_U_ADDR is defined in xm.h, which is a link:
xm.h -> ./../config/powerpc/xm-linux.h
#define KERNEL_U_ADDR 0x0

I built gdbserver in a 4.17 tree from the SRC RPM on the LinuxPPC CD.
xm-linux.h in 4.18 does not have that definition.

--
Jim Lewis