New Set of PowerPC 4xx Patches Are Up

Grant Erickson grant at lcse.umn.edu
Sat Dec 18 12:44:07 EST 1999

Check the following for today's patches:

	http://www.lcse.umn.edu/~grant/Linux/

Updated:

- Changed the treeboot boot loader to allow for passing in a static (i.e.
  configured prior to compilation) set of command line arguments into the
  kernel. This will have to suffice until the IBM boot ROM or the boot
  loader provide a way to do it interactively.

- Fixed a glaring error within ppc4xx_pic.c which prevented
  ppc403_aic_disable_and_ack from working correctly.

- Implemented the bulk of the code for National Semiconductor DP83902AV
  "Oaknet" Ethernet support in oaknet.c (mostly copied from ne.c). That
  said, it does not quite work yet. It seems close.

- Temporariliy pinned a TLB entry to cover the Oaknet memory-mapped I/O
  space. I'm sure there's a more generic way to do this, but I haven't
  figure it out yet.