FEC ERROR 41200000 on CLLF-860T

Marcus Sundberg erammsu at kieraypc01.p.y.ki.era.ericsson.se
Thu Dec 16 03:20:03 EST 1999

greyham at research.canon.com.au (Graham Stoney) writes:

> Marcus Sundberg writes:
> > No, Graham was expecting/hoping for 8 M _bytes_, not bits.
> > So in fact it's actual performance is about 1/3 of that, which
> > I pointed out to him.
>
> Marcus is right; we'd like to use all the bandwidth available on the FEC for
> optimal system performance. Can anyone elaborate or provide pointers to more
> information on the FEC throughput issue? Is there really a hardware problem in
> the CPU, or is it a board specific issue?

I did some more quick testing.
The bottleneck seems to be the context-switching of Linux. When
increasing the amount of data sent per sendto() call to 11k I got
41Mbit, and with 22k I got 46Mbit. If bandwidth is very important,
maybe you should consider using an 80MHz 860P instead of the 860T.

//Marcus
--
Signature under construction, please come back later.