Forgive me if I am reminding you of things you already know.

Frank Smith frank.smith at aeat.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 20:45:55 EST 1999

Forgive me if I am reminding you of things you already know.

Do not expect to get anything like the maximum through Ethernet unless you only have two connections.
Collisions etc. kill bandwidth........  We manage 0.5 M Byte in a "deterministic" way on
MVME176 - MVME2600 combination but any more seems like suicide.

Frank

>Marcus Sundberg writes:
>> No, Graham was expecting/hoping for 8 M _bytes_, not bits.
>> So in fact it's actual performance is about 1/3 of that, which
>> I pointed out to him.
>
>Marcus is right; we'd like to use all the bandwidth available on the FEC for
>optimal system performance. Can anyone elaborate or provide pointers to more
>information on the FEC throughput issue? Is there really a hardware problem in
>the CPU, or is it a board specific issue?
>
>Thanks,
>Graham

This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged.  It is intended for the named addressee
only.  Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
on behalf of the addressee you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please
contact the sender.  Thank you for your cooperation.