What are the best cross-development tools to build Linux for MPC860, kernel ver. 2.2.13 or later?

Ilya Gindentuller igin at vrcomm.com
Fri Dec 10 06:00:25 EST 1999

Hi, everybody!

We are complete novices in Linux development and want to learn how to use
Linux on MPC860.
So, please help us out since we are stuck with so many choices and versions
floating around.

I found Linux port for MPC860 ver.2.2.13 (in the ftp section of
www.ppc.kernel.org) and I want
to build it (as is) to run on our EST board.

We have to do cross-development under Windows 98/NT.
I searched mailing lists and it looks that everybody is using native Linux
(MAC) machines
to do development - no cross-development environment.

Please, could somebody direct us to the best source of embedded Linux
cross-development tools that we
can use on Windows 98/NT x86 machine to generate code for MPC860 EST board?

All input and instructions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
                                Ilya Gindentuller