kernel configuration problem

Ralf HECKHAUSEN RHeckhau at frequentis.com
Fri Dec 10 00:38:34 EST 1999

I am using an MPC860 board with an c't69000 VGA controller on it. I would like to try out the kernel frame buffer driver for the c't65550 chip, as it should be quite compatible to ours.
When I select the frame buffer option, I get an unresolved reference error (video_setup) in main.o. The only thing to get arround this is to chose the Virtual Terminal option. But then I get an unresolved reference error (request_irq) in pc_keyb.o. Im am using the kernel 2.2.5. Isn't there a way just to use the frambuffer without console and keyboard?

Thanks,
Ralf