LinuxPPC for MPC8240

Dan Malek dmalek at jlc.net
Fri Dec 3 03:59:09 EST 1999

Dennis Kung wrote:

> Feel free  to contact with  me if you want to know more about this.
> or any comment ?

Perhaps you would like to send some of it to me so I can integrate
it with the work I have already done for the same platform.  I am
in the process of patching the latest 2.2.xx and 2.3.xx with the
8240/Sandpoint modifications I did this past summer.

Do you have some custom ROM monitor that allows booting from the
hard disk?  Is that something you would like to share as well?
I know of a few people, including myself, that are working on
this.  It is the biggest hurdle to making Linux useful, as the
DINK monitor provided with the board only has S-record download
capability.

Thanks.

	-- Dan