RPXLite 823 PCMCIA troubles

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Wed Dec 1 15:08:52 EST 1999

Mark S. Mathews wrote:

> Hmmmm.  The way ours "works for awhile", I'm wondering if there's a
> problem w/ the way the 8xx is handling the WAIT# when the MMU is enabled
> (?)

Shouldn't be the problem.  The MMU appears (on block diagrams
anyway :-) to be far enough removed from the memory controller
for this to happen.

> This is good to know.  Our card supports I/O or memory access to the
> shared memory.  We'll shift over to the I/O and try that.

The version I have running on my PowerBook only uses I/O.....
or am I mistaken?

> We've been running _lots_ of experiments with the timing settings.  So far
> 3,10,6 seems to work best....but it still fails.

Thanks.  I'll keep those numbers around.....there are others
I would rather see.....:-).

> I've seen the 'guarded' thing around in the sources, but I'm not sure what
> it's all about.  Guess I should look. ;-)

I just fixed it.  I'll send it to you privately as well as
post it on the ppc.kernel.org server.  I hope it corrects
something.

	-- Dan