[PowerPC] [PASEMI] Issue with the identification of ATA drives after the of/irq updates 2024-05-29

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Sun Jun 30 20:21:55 AEST 2024

Hello,

There is an issue with the identification of ATA drives with our P.A.
Semi Nemo boards [1] after the
commit "of/irq: Factor out parsing of interrupt-map parent phandle+args
from of_irq_parse_raw()" [2].

Error messages:

ata2.00: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)
ata2.00: qc timeout after 10000 mssecs (cmd 0xec)

Screenshots [3]

I bisected yesterday [4] and "of/irq: Factor out parsing of
interrupt-map parent phandle+args from of_irq_parse_raw()" [2] is the
first bad commit.

Then I created a patch for reverting this first bad commit. I also
reverted the changes in drivers/of/property.c. [5]

The patched kernel boots with successful detection of the ATA devices.

Please check the of/irq updates.

Thanks,
Christian

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000