[PASEMI NEMO] Boot issue with the PowerPC updates 6.4-1

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Thu May 4 03:28:15 AEST 2023

> On 3. May 2023, at 18:51, Rob Herring <robh at kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 11:27 AM Christophe Leroy
> <christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:
>>
>> +Rob as he's the commit's Author.

>>> git revert e4ab08be5b4902e5b350b0e1e1a3c25eb21d76d4
>>>
>>> [master 0086e2cbbec0] Revert "powerpc/isa-bridge: Remove open coded
>>> "ranges" parsing"
>>>  1 file changed, 129 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)
>>>
>>> After a recompiling it boots without any problems.
>>>
>>> e4ab08be5b49 -- powerpc/isa-bridge: Remove open coded "ranges" parsing
>>> is the bad commit.
>
> Could I get a DT file for this board?
>
> In the meantime, just revert this commit. I don't think I'll be able
> to fix it before I'm out on sabbatical.
>
> Rob

FYI:

Darren Stevens wrote:

The dtb passed by the CFE firmware has a number of issues, which up till
now have been fixed by use of patches applied to the mainline kernel.
This occasionally causes problems with changes made to mainline.

Patching the firmware to correct the dtb is not an option for the
following reasons:

It was modified by a 3rd party, and we don't have a copy of the source.

All versions of CFE used on the X1000 export the same dtb.

At least one machine suffered damage during a firmware upgrade attempt,
many people will be unwilling to reflash their system if an upgrade is
produced.