powerpc/pseries: Fix exception handling in pSeries_reconfig_add_node()

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Tue Mar 21 17:54:29 AEDT 2023

> It's been brought to my attention that there is in fact a crash bug
> in this function's error path:

How do you think about to mention any other contributors for attribution
according to this issue?

> np->parent can be an encoded error value, we don't want to of_node_put() that.

Will the development attention grow for any more cases?

> I believe the patch as written happens to fix the issue.

Is it interesting how many details can still be improved (by my change suggestion)
also for the discussed function implementation?

> Will you please write it up as a bug fix and resubmit?

Another proposal will follow.

Regards,
Markus