Question about the dependency on the config SOC_FSL in CPM_QMC

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 18:21:50 AEDT 2023

Dear Herve,

In your patch below, you added the config CPM_QMC which depends on the
non-existing config SOC_FSL:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230217145645.1768659-7-herve.codina@bootlin.com

Up to my knowledge, the config SOC_FSL never existed in the mainline
tree. Is this dependency really required or can the expression simply
be reduced to COMPILE_TEST and we drop the dependency to SOC_FSL?

Note: This patch has now shown up in linux-next with commit
3178d58e0b97. Currently, it would not be possible to compile test this
driver, as the dependency on SOC_FSL is never met.

Best regards,

Lukas