[FSL P50x0] DPAA Ethernet issue

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Mon Jan 2 14:32:42 AEDT 2023

On 01 January 2023 at 07:11 pm, Sean Anderson wrote:

Thank you for testing this. Unfortunately, I have no P-series hardware,
so I was unable to test the 10gec/dtsec parts of this conversion. I had
hoped that this would get tested by someone with the hardware (at NXP)
before now, but it seems you get to be the "lucky" first user.

I see you have labeled one of your kernels as supporting QEMU.  Do you
happen to have instructions for running Linux on QEMU?

Can you try the following patch. I think my mail client will mangle it,
so I have also attached it to this email.

------------

Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I use the virtio-net device in a virtual e5500 QEMU/KVM HV machine. [1] [2]

I will test your patch as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Christian

[1] QEMU command: qemu-system-ppc64 -M ppce500 -cpu e5500 -m 1024
-kernel uImage-6.2 -drive
format=raw,file=void-live-powerpc-20220129.img,index=0,if=virtio -netdev
user,id=mynet0 -device virtio-net,netdev=mynet0 -append "rw
root=/dev/vda2" -device virtio-gpu -device virtio-mouse-pci -device
virtio-keyboard-pci -device pci-ohci,id=newusb -audiodev
id=sndbe,driver=pa,server=/run/user/1000/pulse/native -device
usb-audio,bus=newusb.0 -enable-kvm -smp 4 -fsdev
local,security_model=passthrough,id=fsdev0,path=/home/amigaone/Music
-device virtio-9p-pci,id=fs0,fsdev=fsdev0,mount_tag=hostshare

[2] https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?p=46749