[GIT PULL] Please pull powerpc/linux.git powerpc-6.1-1 tag

Nicholas Piggin npiggin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:03:14 AEDT 2022

On Thu Oct 13, 2022 at 10:21 AM AEST, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 11:03:34AM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> > Guenter Roeck <linux at roeck-us.net> writes:

> > > I managed to bisect the problem. See below for results. Reverting the
> > > offending patch fixes the problem for me.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > This is probably down to me/us not testing with PREEMPT enabled enough.
> >
> Not sure. My configuration has
>
> CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
> # CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set

Thanks very much for helping with this. The config snippet you posted here
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2022-October/249758.html
has CONFIG_PREEMPT=y. How do you turn that into a .config, olddefconfig?

I can't reproduce this so far using your config and qemu command line,
but the patch you've bisected it to definitely could cause this. I'll
keep trying...

Thanks,
Nick

[...]