Issues with the first PowerPC updates for the kernel 6.1

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Wed Oct 12 17:51:20 AEDT 2022

Hi All,

I use the Nemo board with a PASemi PA6T CPU and have some issues since the first PowerPC updates for the kernel 6.1.

I successfully compiled the git kernel with the first PowerPC updates two days ago.

Unfortunately this kernel is really dangerous. Many things for example Network Manager and LightDM don't work anymore and produced several gigabyte of config files till the partition has been filled.

I deleted some files like the resolv.conf that had a size over 200 GB!

Unfortunately, MintPPC was still damaged. For example LightDM doesn't work anymore and the MATE desktop doesn't display any icons anymore because Caja wasn't able to reserve memory anymore.

In this case, bisecting isn't an option and I have to wait some weeks. It is really difficult to find the issue if the userland will damaged again and again.

Cheers,
Christian