[GIT PULL] Please pull powerpc/linux.git powerpc-5.17-5 tag

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Mar 7 07:00:08 AEDT 2022

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 11:51 PM Michael Ellerman <mpe at ellerman.id.au> wrote:

> powerpc fixes for 5.17 #5
>
> Fix build failure when CONFIG_PPC_64S_HASH_MMU is not set.

Hmm.

I'm *still* not seeing the fix for the reported
powerpc:skiroot_defconfig failure:

    arch/powerpc/kernel/stacktrace.c: In function 'handle_backtrace_ipi':
    arch/powerpc/kernel/stacktrace.c:171:9: error: implicit
declaration of function 'nmi_cpu_backtrace'

which has been pending forever.

The alleged fix (commit 5a72345e6a78: "powerpc: Fix STACKTRACE=n
build") has been in linux-next for three weeks by now, but hasn't been
sent to me. And you must be aware of it, since you're the author,
signed off on it and committed it.

What's up? This has been reported forever, and was already failing in
rc2. I'm about to release rc7 and it's *still* there.

                         Linus