linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Thu Jan 13 04:19:36 AEDT 2022

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 9:11 AM Christophe Leroy
<christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:
> Le 17/12/2021 à 00:04, Paul Moore a écrit :
> > On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 4:08 AM Christophe Leroy
> > <christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:
> >> Thanks Cédric, I've now been able to install debian PPC32 port of DEBIAN
> >> 11 on QEMU and run the tests.
> >>
> >> I followed instructions in file README.md provided in the test suite.
> >> I also modified tests/Makefile to force MODE := 32
> >>
> >> I've got a lot of failures, am I missing some options in the kernel or
> >> something ?
> >>
> >> Running as   user    root
> >>           with context root:::
> >>           on   system
> >
> > While SELinux is not required for audit, I don't think I've ever run
> > it on system without SELinux.  In theory the audit-testsuite shouldn't
> > rely on SELinux being present (other than the SELinux specific tests
> > of course), but I'm not confident enough to say that the test suite
> > will run without problem without SELinux.
> >
> > If it isn't too difficult, I would suggest enabling SELinux in your
> > kernel build and ensuring the necessary userspace, policy, etc. is
> > installed.  You don't need to worry about getting it all running
> > correctly; the audit-testsuite should pass with SELinux in permissive
> > mode.
> >
> > If you're still seeing all these failures after trying that let us know.
> >

> Still the same it seems:
>
> Running as   user    root
>          with context unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
>          on   system
>
> # Test 3 got: "256" (backlog_wait_time_actual_reset/test at line 151)
> #   Expected: "0"
> #  backlog_wait_time_actual_reset/test line 151 is: ok( $result, 0 );
>   # Was an event found?

My apologies, this thread was lost in the end-of-year holidays.

At this point, and with that many failures, I think you'll need to
spend some time debugging the test failures to see what is wrong.  I
don't have a PPC32 system/VM and I don't have the time right now to
build up a PPC32 test environment.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com