Linux kernel: powerpc: KVM guest can trigger host crash on Power8

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Thu Jan 6 21:58:05 AEDT 2022

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de> writes:
> Hi Michael!
>
> Sorry for the long time without any responses. Shall we continue debugging this?

Yes!

Sorry also that I haven't been able to fix it yet, I had to stop chasing
this bug and work on other things before the end of the year.

> We're currently running 5.15.x on the host system and the guests and the testsuite
> for gcc-9 still reproducibly kills the KVM host.

Have you been able to try the different -smp options I suggested?

Can you separately test with (on the host):

 # echo 0 > /sys/module/kvm_hv/parameters/dynamic_mt_modes

cheers