[RFC 0/3] Asynchronous EEH recovery

Ganesh Goudar ganeshgr at linux.ibm.com
Tue Aug 16 13:27:13 AEST 2022

Hi,

EEH reocvery is currently serialized and these patches shorten
the time taken for EEH recovery by making the recovery to run
in parallel. The original author of these patches is Sam Bobroff,
I have rebased and tested these patches.

On powervm with 64 VFs and I see approximately 48% reduction
in time taken in EEH recovery, Yet to be tested on powernv.

These patches were originally posted as separate RFCs, I think
posting them as single series would be more helpful, I know the
patches are too big, I will try to logically divide in next
iterations.

Thanks

Ganesh Goudar (3):
  powerpc/eeh: Synchronization for safety
  powerpc/eeh: Provide a unique ID for each EEH recovery
  powerpc/eeh: Asynchronous recovery

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h               |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh_event.h         |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pci-bridge.h        |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-pci.h           |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh.c                    | 154 +++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_driver.c             | 578 +++++++++++++++----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_event.c              |  71 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_pe.c                 |  33 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/eeh-powernv.c |  12 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_pseries.c |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pci_dlpar.c   |   5 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pnv_php.c                |   5 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/rpadlpar_core.c          |   2 +
 drivers/vfio/vfio_spapr_eeh.c                |  10 +-

2.37.1