rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU

Miguel Ojeda miguel.ojeda.sandonis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:07:34 AEST 2022

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 4:27 AM Zhouyi Zhou <zhouzhouyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, this happens within 30 seconds after kernel boot.  If we take all
> into account (qemu preparing, kernel loading), we can do one test
> within 54 seconds.

When it does not trigger, the run should be 20 seconds quicker than
that (e.g. 10 seconds), since we don't wait for the stall timeout. I
guess the timeout could also be reduced a fair bit to make failures
quicker, but they do not contribute as much as the successes anyway.

Thanks a lot for running the bisect on that server, Zhouyi!

Cheers,
Miguel