linux-next: build warnings in Linus' tree

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Oct 14 19:44:46 AEDT 2021

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 12:12 AM Anatolij Gustschin <agust at denx.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:39:56 +0200
> Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de wrote:
> >Grant Likely was the original maintainer for MPC52xx until 2011,
> >Anatolij Gustschin is still listed as maintainer since then but hasn't
> >been active in it for a while either. Anatolij can probably best judge
> >which of these boards are still in going to be used with future kernels,
> >but I suspect once you start removing bits from 52xx, the newer
> >but less common 512x platform can go away as well.
>
> many of these boards are still used, i.e. o2d*, digsy_mtc, tqm5200.

Just for clarification, I assume when you say "still used" that implies
getting updated to new kernels rather than just running the old BSPs,
right?

What are the typical distro release cycles for those machines
you list: do you move from one LTS kernel to the next each year,
or are they getting more sporadic over time?

Do you expect the machines with the lowest memory such as the
32MB digsy to stop getting kernel updates before the others?

> I've sent first series to fix some warnings. Other dts fixes
> require driver changes, so it will take some time to fix them.

Thanks!

      Arnd