Add Apple M1 support to PASemi i2c driver

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Oct 4 22:20:23 AEDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 11:55 AM Wolfram Sang <wsa at kernel.org> wrote:

> > i2c-8 i2c             PA Semi SMBus adapter at 0x(____ptrval____)     I2C adapter
> > i2c-9 i2c             PA Semi SMBus adapter at 0x(____ptrval____)     I2C adapter
> > i2c-10        i2c             PA Semi SMBus adapter at 0x(____ptrval____)     I2C adapter
>
> As Sven correctly switched from %lx to %p, this is intended behaviour.
> Run 'i2cdetect' as root to see the values again.

I think the address could just get removed here, as this is clearly not helpful.
port number, which is somewhat useful for identifying the device, now
it's either the pointless string, or the virtual address that the
device is mapped
to, which is not helpful either and potentially leaks information about kernel
internal structures.

       Arnd