Fwd: Fwd: X stopped working with 5.14 on iBook

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Wed Nov 3 09:45:58 AEDT 2021

Hi All,

Christopher M. Riedl wrote:
> Stan also tested a PowerMac G3 system and found that the regression is
> not
> present there. Thus far, only PowerMac G4 systems are known to be
> affected
> (Stan's Cube and Riccardo's PowerBook).

I actually tested right now on an iBook G3 kernel 5.14.12-1 of 2021-14
from Debian and X does not start on it anyway, with the same behaviour
on the G4.
During the weekend I did test on an iMac G5 and it works.

I don't know how Stan tested - but at least for me issue seems to be
both G3 and G4.

Riccardo