[RFC v2 4/4] powerpc/papr_scm: Add cpu hotplug support for nvdimm pmu device

kajoljain kjain at linux.ibm.com
Wed May 26 17:26:58 AEST 2021

On 5/25/21 7:46 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 06:52:16PM +0530, Kajol Jain wrote:
>> Patch here adds cpu hotplug functions to nvdimm pmu.
>
> I'm thinking "Patch here" qualifies for "This patch", see
> Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst .

Hi Peter,
   I will reword this commit message.

>> It adds cpumask to designate a cpu to make HCALL to
>> collect the counter data for the nvdimm device and
>> update ABI documentation accordingly.
>>
>> Result in power9 lpar system:
>> command:# cat /sys/devices/nmem0/cpumask
>> 0
>
> Is this specific to the papr thing, or should this be in generic nvdimm
> code?

This code is not specific to papr device and we can move it to
generic nvdimm interface. But do we need to add some checks on whether
any arch/platform specific driver want that support or we can assume
that this will be something needed by all platforms?

Thanks,
Kajol Jain