[FSL P50x0] KVM HV doesn't work anymore

Christophe Leroy christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu
Sat May 15 20:08:10 AEST 2021

Le 15/05/2021 à 11:48, Christian Zigotzky a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I bisected today [1] and the bisecting itself was OK but the reverting of the bad commit doesn't
> solve the issue. Do you have an idea which commit could be resposible for this issue? Maybe the
> bisecting wasn't successful. I will look in the kernel git log. Maybe there is a commit that
> affected KVM HV on FSL P50x0 machines.

If the uImage doesn't load, it may be because of the size of uImage.

See https://github.com/linuxppc/issues/issues/208

Is there a significant size difference with and without KVM HV ?

Maybe you can try to remove another option to reduce the size of the uImage.

Or if you are using gzipped uImage you can try with an lzma uImage. You can find a way to get an
lzma uImage here: https://github.com/linuxppc/issues/issues/208#issuecomment-477479951

Christophe