PowerPC guest getting "BUG: scheduling while atomic" on linux-next-20210623 during secondary CPUs bringup

Bharata B Rao bharata at linux.ibm.com
Fri Jun 25 22:32:31 AEST 2021

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:16:52PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> You mean: CONFIG_PREEMPTION=n, what about CONFIG_PREEMPT_COUNT?
>
> Because if both are =n, then I don't see how that warning could trigger.
> in_atomic_preempt_off() would then result in prempt_count() == 0, and
> per the print above, it *is* 0.

CONFIG_PREEMPTION isn't set.

Also other PREEMPT related options are as under:

# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_COUNT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPTIRQ_TRACEPOINTS=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPTIRQ_DELAY_TEST is not set

Regards,
Bharata.