[powerpc][next-20210621] WARNING at kernel/sched/fair.c:3277 during boot

Odin Ugedal odin at uged.al
Wed Jun 23 22:37:14 AEST 2021

ons. 23. jun. 2021 kl. 14:22 skrev Vincent Guittot <vincent.guittot at linaro.org>:

> In theory it should not because _sum should be always larger or equal
> to _avg * divider. Otherwise, it means that we have something wrong
> somewhere else

Yeah, that might be the case. Still trying to wrap my head around
this. I might be wrong, but isn't there a possibility
that avg->period_contrib is increasing in PELTs accumulate_sum,
without _sum is increasing. This makes the pelt divider increase,
making the statement "_sum should be always larger or equal to _avg *"
false? Or am I missing something obvious here?

Still unable to reproduce what Sachin is reporting tho.

Odin