Injecting SLB miltihit crashes kernel 5.9.0-rc5

Michal Suchánek msuchanek at suse.de
Tue Sep 15 18:43:02 AEST 2020

Hello,

Using the SLB mutihit injection test module (which I did not write so I
do not want to post it here) to verify updates on my 5.3 frankernekernel
I found that the kernel crashes with Oops: kernel bad access.

I tested on latest upstream kernel build that I have at hand and the
result is te same (minus the message - nothing was logged and the kernel
simply rebooted).

Since the whole effort to write a real mode MCE handler was supposed to
prevent this maybe the SLB injection module should be added to the
kernel selftests?

Thanks

Michal